0 comments / Posted by Vince Ng
The Cooper Wenlock is a great conversation piece that provides all the basics sought in a folio tablet case . The user would still be well advised not to become too attached as some simple construction infers this themed tablet case might not age well.
The Cooper Wenlock for Apple iPad 2 or new iPad 3/4 is essentially a straightforward folio case with an iconic, eye-catching pattern design. But hasn’t anyone told the folks at Cooper that all sporting-event mascots are universally reviled? Beyond its distinctive cover, this themed tablet cases is pretty standard stuff. The PU leather exterior provides a decent enough grip and can protect well against everyday foes of the iPad. Smart cover-style creases form the typical tablet stand for typing and viewing in landscape mode. And a magnet for sleep/wake function is also in place. Microfiber lining makes up the interior for additional screen protection against scratches and the like while carrying. The iPad snaps into the plastic shell securely, and precise cutouts keep it fully operational. The Cooper Wenlock cases come at an attractive price. Unfortunately, that low cost also comes with a bit of bad news behind it. Extremely disconcerting here is the binding connecting cover to back. Though this case is well stitched on the front side, only the thinnest of seams runs along a strip of material thin enough to be cut by household scissors. Also, the PU leather cover does not appear to be adhered very well to the rear-shell. And after some simple tests, the cover already showed signs of chipping off in some areas. This tablet case for fans of Wenlock is a nice quick-fix best case scenario, but it may ultimately prove disposable (kinda like Wenlock himself).
- Distinctive pattern design
- Nice secure fit for the tablet
- Attractive low cost
The Cooper Wenlock mostly impresses with a distinctive pattern design and an attractive low price. Beyond providing all the basics, this is ultimately the best case scenario for those who seek a souvenir of the London 2012 Olympic Games.
- Works with the Apple iPad 2, new iPad 3/4
- Polycarbonate rear shell with fold-over cover
- Soft-touch PU leather exterior with natural grain effect
- National flag pattern on front and backsides
- Automatic sleep/wake functionCutouts for buttons, input/output ports and rear-facing camera
- Velvety-smooth microfiber interior lining
- Smart-like cover design folds for tablet stand support
- Provides 15° and 75° angles for typing/viewing in landscape format
- Scratch and water-resistant material design
- Provides good all-around protection against basic wear and tear
- Net weight: 202 g / 7.1 oz
|Tablet||Apple iPad 2, Apple iPad 3, Apple iPad 4|
|Price||Budget $1 - $39|
|Dimensions||7.5 X 0.6 X 9.6 in (WDH)|
|Features||Button Cutouts ,Port Cutouts ,Speaker Grill,Sleep/Wake Cover ,Stand Feature|