The folks at Cooper Cases are apparently quite proud of this tablet folio case: After all, it’s described as both “Infinite” and “Universal” in its lofty name. And in a few aspects, Cooper’s pride may be justified. Unfortunately, too many generic features (including the look) detract from the overall product.
Cooper Kai 360 Apple iPad 2 Bluetooth Rotating Keyboard Case in Black
The Cooper Kai 360 degree rotating Apple iPad 2 Wireless Bluetooth keyboard tablet case offers you a nice design with a flexible mounting neck for easily sharing your screen with many. The somewhat flimsy and bulky case-stand-keyboard combo transforms the uni-direction viewing and typing into an easy-to-use multi-directional and multi-angled tablet platform.
- Rubberized plastic keeps it light
- Magnetic sleep/wake functionality
- 12 shortcut keys for iPad2 media
- Detachable back protector for separate use
- Plastic holder feels flimsy
- Awkwardly tight typing space
The Cooper Kai Wireless Bluetooth black iPad 2 keyboard case gives you the full keyboard typing experience while protecting your tablet when not in use with its rubberized plastic design. The iPad2 secures into the flexible mounting neck that swivels and rotates 360 degrees for a convenient and reliable fit. Quite handy when compared to other fixed keyboard stand positions. The adjustable keyboard pulls out to reveal 3 different angled settings for your tablet in either portrait or landscape mode. Unfortunately the typing angle feels a tad uncomfortable after some use. Regardless, the case-stand-keyboard 3-in-1 combo, is still a cost-effective means for protection, viewing and typing.
- Works with Apple iPad2
- Compatible with MAC OS and Windows
- Rubberized hard plastic exterior
- Plastic clip lock-in closure with release button
- Magnetic sleep/wake function
- Cutouts for rear-camera, hold/volume buttons, audio-jack, speakers and charging port
- Back protector cover is detachable from tablet stand arm
- QWERTY format keyboard with hard plastic shell keys
- 80 keys, including 12 shortcut keys
- Key life: 500 million
- Adjustable sliding keyboard design
- 360° display rotation
- 50° 60° 70° and 80° landscape and portrait-format display angles
- Bluetooth Interface: V2.0
- Standard Operating Distance: Up to 10M
- Standby Time: 100 Days (Approx.)
- Working Time: 90 Hours (Approx.)
- Charging Time: 4 Hours (Approx.)
- Powered By: Built-in Lithium Battery or USB Port
- Battery rechargeable up to 500 times
- Compartment for USB charging cable (included) and/or ear-buds (sold separately)
Like other Bluetooth keyboards trying to double also as a protective case, the keys are spaced together very narrowly. This model’s keyboard will get the job done without any unnecessary frills. 360 degree rotation allows for swift transfer between formats, and keyboard slides for personalized typing angle adjustment. The typing angle never feels exactly agreeable when composing long messages. When the keyboard is not in use, your tablet can rest over the keyboard for viewing pleasure.
The plastic cover protects your tablet while maintaining it but you can feel that it is not entirely durable in the long run. It does cover your entire iPad when folded down.
The Cooper Kai is made from a rubberized plastic that makes it lightweight and protective but flimsy in comparison to other keyboards.
The benefit here is the custom design for iPad users, combined with an all-around protective backing and wireless keyboard. This case-stand-keyboard combo is useful but not extraordinary considering other models in this price range. With this model though, you do not need a tablet case and can therefore save a bit.
The Cooper Kai is a decent wireless iPad 2 keyboard case that will do the trick for typing and fold up in a moment when you’re on the go. Its most redeemable value lies in the 360 degree tablet stand, a feature not often found on keyboard cases.