The folks at Cooper Cases are apparently quite proud of this tablet folio case: After all, it’s described as both “Infinite” and “Universal” in its lofty name. And in a few aspects, Cooper’s pride may be justified. Unfortunately, too many generic features (including the look) detract from the overall product.
Cooper Aluminum Buddy Apple iPad 2 / 3 / 4 Bluetooth Keyboard Dock in Black
The lustrous black Cooper Aluminum Buddy Bluetooth keyboard case for Apple iPad 2 / iPad 3 gives you exactly what you need and will surprise you with its multipurpose design. Your iPad simply mounts steadily in place in either portrait or landscape position and you are ready to compose emails or jot down notes while reading.
- Ultra-thin & lightweight case design
- Sleek brushed aluminum finish
- Dust and spill-proof keyboard
- Auto sleep/wake functionality
- Lengthy time to charge (4-5 hours)
- Narrow typing space
- Loose in portrait mode
The Cooper Aluminum Buddy Bluetooth keyboard (U.S. keyboard layout) case has many functions besides typing – it merges with your iPad 2 and iPad 3 for solid tablet protection of your screen when not in use, while also doubling as a nicely angled iPad stand case for viewing or typing in both landscape and portrait modes. Specially designed to work with iPad 2 / iPad 3, it is also compatible with your iPhone and iPod touch. The keyboard permits operation from a distance (max 10 meters), allowing your iPad to sit on a tablet stand or remain in its case. The lithium battery makes for a long uninterrupted working time (+50 hours), perfect for those long haul flights.
- Works with Apple iPad 2 or new Apple iPad 3
- Brushed aluminum/colored keys to match tablet aesthetic
- Rubber tab inserts to prevent keyboard from contacting the screen surface
- 50°(landscape) and 45°(portrait) display angles
- Auto sleep/wake function
- Ultra thin (11mm) and lightweight (280g) keyboard case design
- QWERTY-style hard plastic shell keycaps
- 82 keys, including 13 shortcut keys
- Island-style keyboard layout to provide maximum typing room
- Dust-proof and spill-resistant keyboard
- Bluetooth 2.0 connectivity with working distance up to 10 meters
- Built-in rechargeable lithium battery
- Up to 55 hours of use between charges
- Charging time: 4-5 hours
- Automatic energy saving keyboard sleep mode
- Operating temperature: -10°C to 55°C
- Battery life: 3 years
- Power supply: through USB
- Compatible with other Bluetooth enabled devices
- Includes USB charging cable
The drawback is the narrow keyspace but that is only the result of its compact size to fit to the tablet well. This may prove frustrating for some typers, but adaptable for others. It is lightweight at only 320 grams. The use possibilities are great: connect with Bluetooth mouse, set on tablet stand and you have your own portable desktop. Simple on/off function, ‘connect’ button and easy-to-follow set up guide allow you to get started in a moment.
Hard exterior shell protects your display but leaves the backside fully exposed.
Well-built and solid frame made from aluminum alloys makes for long-term use while providing simple protection to the tablet screen.
Very useful and efficient for price, anything cheaper will cost you in features and material.
The Cooper Aluminum Buddy is a good solution for your iPad2 or iPad3 that will not be as clumsy and space-wasting as other tablet keyboards cases.