Seemingly, Cooper has created the Elementary case to meet the practical demands of Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 owners. This rudimentary folio case design provides everyday function and protection all in one sturdily-built, low-cost package.
Marware Apple iPad 2 / 3 / 4 MicroShell Folio Case in White
Marware recognizes the popularity of the Apple Smart Cover, but they also recognize your iPad’s need for backside protection. Their response, the MicroShell Folio, an ultra-slim accessory designed to give you everything you need in one simple, functional and easy-to-use folio tablet case solution.
- Access to all buttons, ports and camera
- Ultra-slim and lightweight design
- Magnets for sleep/wake function
- Polycarbonate shell feels brittle
- Design isn’t as good as the Apple Smart Cover
- Could be priced a bit lower
The MicroShell Folio combines a smart cover and back protector in one streamlined tablet case design. The iPad 3 and iPad 2 snaps easily into the 1.7mm thin, shock-absorbent polycarbonate shell, which is precisely cut to maintain clear access to all buttons, ports, jacks and rear-facing camera. It completely covers the speaker grill, but there are a series of pin-sized holes to prevent any sound interference. The 1.8mm thin, rubberized cover contains soft magnets to automatically sleep/wake your device, as well as hold the lid securely shut during transport.
- Ultra-thin, lightweight case with a hard shell back and an automatic sleep/wake lid that protects your iPad 2 and New iPad 3
- Weighs only 6.2oz
- Device stands at 120°, 150° and 165° angles—ideal for typing, viewing and FaceTime®
- Soft magnets secure the lid closed
- Camera cutout in the back
- Allows access to all buttons and ports for charging and syncing
- Covers 97% of the iPad 2 when closed
- 1.7mm thin, shock-absorbent polycarbonate back-piece
- 1.8mm thin, scratch-resistant magnetized lid
- Exterior ridges on back shell for added protection against scratching
The Marware Microshell case fulfills its purpose to defend against everyday problems quite well and its compatibility with Smart Covers will certainly be a huge plus for some New iPad users. The cutouts are all aligned perfectly and the Microshell only loses out on its lack of extra features.
The back of the New iPad is well protected by the Microshell with tough, durable polycarbonate, which boasts truly incredible tensile strength for such a low-weight material.
Right down to the clips holding in the New iPad, the Marware Microshell case is constructed from high-quality polycarbonate that should last the user the lifetime of his/her tablet.
At a retail price of around $35, the New iPad owner would be hard-pressed to find this much protection in a simple back protector. We imagine this product will be a popular choice as a first tablet case for iPad users – and it might end up being the last as well....
What more positives can we accentuate about the Marware Microshell New iPad back protector? As long as basic colors don’t bother you, this light and tough back protector is an excellent choice for iPad fans – particularly those into the Smart Cover. Quality plus price equals one great solution from Marware.