Seemingly, Cooper has created the Elementary case to meet the practical demands of Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 owners. This rudimentary folio case design provides everyday function and protection all in one sturdily-built, low-cost package.
Padacs Apple iPad 2 Rubata 2 Keyboard Folio Case
If you are a serious iPad 2 user then the Padacs Rubata 2 may be just the type of accessory you need. This magnetic tablet keyboard case incorporates a Bluetooth keyboard for offering you a more comfortable and efficient way to create word documents, emails, surf the net, and/or play games.
- 90 hour battery
- 17 shortcut keys
- Weighted keys for comfort typing
- Soft, water resistant faux-leather
- No cutout for the speaker grill
- Synthetic materials
- Bulky case
The Rubata 2 is one of two tablet keyboard cases that Padacs has created in order to make long proactive sessions with your iPad 2 a whole lot easier. While the other, the Toccata 2 incorporates a keyboard made of silicone gel, this particular model utilizes a traditional plastic hard-shell keyboard that is also compatible with Bluetooth enabled devices running Windows, MAC, or Linux, with a working distance up to 10 meters. If you do not know how to connect Bluetooth devices, the package includes an instructional booklet with an easy to follow step-by-step procedure to help you set it up.
- Works with Apple iPad2 and new Apple iPad3
- Soft-touch, water-resistant PU leather exterior with natural grain effect
- Faux-leather bezel with micro-suede lining
- Cutouts for rear-camera, audio-jack, hold/volume buttons and charging port
- Magnetic closure
- 60° and 70° viewing angles
- Hard plastic shell keyboard
- QWERTY format with 83 keys, including 17 shortcut keys
- Bluetooth 2.0 connectivity
- Working distance up to 10 meters
- Built-in lithium battery with up to 90 hours use between charges
- Charging time: 4-4.5 hours
- Battery life: 3 years
- Key strength: 80 +/- 10g
- Key life: 500 million
- Operating temperature: -20°C to 55°C / Humidity: 20% to 50%
- Storage temperature: -40°C to 70°C
- Built-in power management software
- Includes USB charging cable
I wish it offered more than just one display angle, but I do like the soft feel of the silicone keyboard. Silent key strokes can ensure others are not disturbed in the lecture hall, boardroom, or in the café. Speaking of silence, you’ll probably want to use your headphones since there is no cutout for the iPad 2 speaker grill.
Strong-acting magnets in the cover keep it securely closed during transport. No need to worry about dirt, dust, food crumbs, or liquid spills falling through cracks and potentially harming the function of the keys.
The plastic keyboard here has weighted key caps, making the Rubata 2 better than its sibling the Toccata 2. And with a key life of 500 million hits as well as a lithium battery life of 3 years, the Robata 2 may actually last longer than your iPad.
At $79.95, the Rubata 2 is priced right around the average cost for similar keyboard case quality, making it a mediocre value for the function provided.
The Robata 2 performs slightly better than its sibling the Toccata 2. Ultimately, we think Padacs keyboard cases are a best case scenario for those who want to do serious work with iPad2 or iPad3, without impacting their budget in a serious manner.