Seemingly, Cooper has created the Elementary case to meet the practical demands of Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 owners. This rudimentary folio case design provides everyday function and protection all in one sturdily-built, low-cost package.
Cooper Gradus Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 360 Degree Rotating Folio in Black
The Cooper Gradus for Galaxy Tab 8.9 is an overall decent folio case that provides better-than-average function for a less-than-average cost. Its main feature is a 360 degree rotating tablet stand which can help divert the user's attention away from the rather shoddy-looking case construction.
- Access to all tablet controls/features
- Elastic cover strap for secure closure/carry
- 360 degree tablet display rotation
- Portrait format collapses in steep angle
- Interior has noticeable bubbles, creases and wrinkles
- Strong smell
The Cooper Gradus consists of a polycarbonate snap-in shell with a faux-leather cover. Once sealed shut via the elastic strap, this folio design provides full-body protection against basic wear and tear. The interior plastic shell-casing fits the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 very well, snapping securely onto its corners and leaving open access to all controls and features, including the rear-facing camera.
- Specifically designed for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9
- PU leather cover with natural grain effect
- Elastic cover strap
- Scratch- and water-resistant exterior
- Soft fabric inner cover lining
- Polycarbonate snap-in shell fits the tablet secure
- Cutouts for all buttons, ports, speakers and rear-camera
- 360° rotating stand design
- Supports 50° angle in portrait format
- Supports 65° and 75° angles in landscape format
- Provides all-around coverage against bumps and scratches
- Net weight: 240g / 8.4 ounces
The non-reinforced binding makes rotating action a little slow, but it does work. Main problem of note is that portrait formatted tablet easily collapses out of the steep angle groove. No sleep/wake magnet, but all important tablet controls and features can be easily accessed.
The plastic shell and PU leather cover are both scratch- and water-resistant. As a whole, the Cooper Gradus provides trustworthy protection against common everyday harms such as bumps, dings and scratches.
The Cooper Gradus is made with average materials and looks quite average from the outside. Inside, there are noticeable bubbles, creases and wrinkles. Depending on the color, the exterior is also prone to marking.
What the Cooper Gradus lacks in overall quality build, it more than makes up for with a useful stand feature and generous protection an affordable low cost.
The Cooper Gradus folio is a best case scenario for the Galaxy Tab 8.9 user who seeks solid-working video stand function at a good price.