The folks at Cooper Cases are apparently quite proud of this tablet folio case: After all, it’s described as both “Infinite” and “Universal” in its lofty name. And in a few aspects, Cooper’s pride may be justified. Unfortunately, too many generic features (including the look) detract from the overall product.
Tunewear iPad Icewear Case in Blue
A custom fit Tunewear quality design for your iPad, the Icewear is a smooth silicone protective backing that won’t add much bulk or weight to your tablet but will give some extra protection and grip. Your display remains fully exposed so best used together with another case or protective cover.
- Durable resistance on the back of iPad
- Protective screen cover included
- Honeycomb insides lining
- No protective cover for front display
- Sticky silicone feel
- Covers Apple back logo
Tunewear have constructed an affordable and protective backing shell for your iPad. The case is made of silicone, which gives the iPad a nice extra grip that can prevent it from sliding out of your hands but the case feels slightly sticky compared to other models that use TPU material. Icewear wraps around the back of the iPad and onto the bezel, protecting portions of your iPad from any minor bumps but still exposing the front display to scratches. The silicon itself is a bit thicker than other iPad cases, which helps in protection and allows the iPad to be set face-down on a table. However, this extra thickness does inhibit Apple’s slim design.
- Soft protective case for iPad made from high grade silicone
- Slip free thus making iPad easier to grip and it prevents from sliding around when placed on a flat surface
- Good at repelling dust and dirt
- Inside lined with a honeycomb pattern which cushions iPad and absorbs the impact of minor drops and bumps
- Protective and anti glare film called TUNEFILM is included for keeping the iPad LCD screen free from scratches and dirt
- The squeegee found inside the package can be used to remove air bubbles when applying the film
- Also included is a cleaning cloth to wipe away any dirt after use
The form-fitting shape can slip easily into another bag without bulk. Make sure to remove your iPad occasionally to clear out accumulated dust and dirt (which sticks to the silicone).
The Tunewear functions as a protective measure for the the back of the iPad. You’ll need to combine with a protective sleeve cover in order to rest assured that your iPad is minimally protected.
The slim-fitting design is made from silicone, which is the cheaper construction material of TPU-based shells. Regardless, it is still well made: precise cutouts, long-lasting construction and material.
For $29.95, this case has decent value. Compared to other grip-like backing covers, it's about $10 more. For that money you might want to consider a TPU material.
An decent iPad backing shell, which will give you some protection and extra grip at an affordable price. Combine with other tablet accessories to produce the most effective iPad enjoyment.