The folks at Cooper Cases are apparently quite proud of this tablet folio case: After all, it’s described as both “Infinite” and “Universal” in its lofty name. And in a few aspects, Cooper’s pride may be justified. Unfortunately, too many generic features (including the look) detract from the overall product.
Tunewear iPad 2 Soft Shell Case in Pink
Keep the beautiful Apple design with Tunewear’s Soft Shell. Custom fit for your iPad 2, the Soft Shell is a sleek looking colorful shell that fits around the back of tablet without getting in the way of Apple’s craftsmanship. The special jelly-like TPU material gives you a non-sticky grip on the back of your iPad 2 leaving your front display open for use.
- Resistant against bumps, dings and scratches
- Slim and lightweight
- Keeps the elegant Apple iPad design
- No protective cover for front display
- Cannot be used with iPad
- Dirt and dust collect inside the case
If all the other cases out there look to you like they just cloak the iPad to protect it, then Tunewear’s Soft Shell will be a breath of fresh air. The case is a floppy shell that fits along the back of the iPad 2, hugging it in a TPU material that feels similar to silicon but is more protective against bumps, dings, scratches and drops. The lightweight and impact-resistant case adds just a hair of thickness while greatly improving your grip on the iPad. The only drawback is that the iPad 2 display is not protected, but Tunewear throws in a screen protector when you order the case so no need to worry.
- Highly transparent, flexible and durable protective case for iPad 2
- Made from a recyclable TPU material which is light weight and protects against minor bumps
- The surface is slip free thus making iPad 2 easier to grip in your hand
- SOFTSHELL is flexible and elastic and is easy to remove without causing damage to iPad 2
- With SOFTSHELL on, all iPad ports, buttons and camera remain open and accessible, so there is no need to remove SOFTSHELL once it has been attached
- There are other goodies included inside the package together with the SOFTSHELL case
- TUNEFILM protective film covers the iPad 2 screen
- A cleaning cloth will help wipe away dust and finger prints
- A dock connector cover will keep out dirt and dust and a home button cover is made from a soft, raised material for easy operation.
The backing shell dos wonders for gripping the iPad, helping to relieve any worry of it slipping out of your hands. The iPad 2 fits into the shell effortlessly so it is easy to remove when you need to clean out dust and dirt.
The Soft Shell works as a nice protective measure covering the entire iPad 2 back. Combined with the accompanying protective screen protector, it gives you some extra, optional protection.
The TPU material gives the Soft Shell a flexible, non-sticky feel that offers some extra insurance for your iPad. The Soft Shell has custom fit, perfectly lined up cut outs for the camera, speaker grill and volume rocker. Looks pretty sharp.
At $39, this is an overpriced shell. But, you keep the Apple look and gain some protection and grip on the back. The TPU material is a step up from silicon as well. High price, but also worth it in many aspects.
A sharp-looking shell that gives your iPad 2 some color while keeping the Apple aesthetic all in place. The ultra-thin case also comes with a screen protector so you can safeguard against any scratches on the front.