The folks at Cooper Cases are apparently quite proud of this tablet folio case: After all, it’s described as both “Infinite” and “Universal” in its lofty name. And in a few aspects, Cooper’s pride may be justified. Unfortunately, too many generic features (including the look) detract from the overall product.
Wardmaster Guitar Tablet Shoulder Bag in Crystalline Pattern Orange
A quick look around here will make it obvious that tablet case technology is advancing every bit as fast as the devices inside them. However, some things have worked for hundreds of years and are just about impossible to improve on. Wardmaster recognizes this and has created the guitar-shaped tablet bag to help shoulder the load of any Apple iPad or iPad-sized tablet.
- Great, everyday protection
- Solid construction, inside and out
- Looks as good as any fashion bag around
- Heavier than others in its category
- No accessory storage (pens, cables, etc)
- Fit is very snug
There are a lot of very groovy specialist cases around, but what most users need is something easily portable and dependably protective. The Wardmaster Tablet Messenger Bag doesn't offer a lot of extra features and the protection obviously stops the moment you take your tablet out of the bag. In fact, in actual transit there are few better cases available.
Despite being slim, the tablet shoulder bag has two compartments and protects inside and out, using high quality polyurethane for its exterior and a soft velveteen microfiber interior. Hefting the case makes the quality immediately obvious and there are not many tablet bags in this price bracket that feel as well made. It's almost a shame that Wardmaster didn't splash out and make a bulkier bag to include some more pockets for cables and other accessories, as this would have made a great general use bag.
- Fits any generation Apple iPad or similarly sized 10" tablet
- Apple Smart Cover compatible
- Embossed crystalline pattern PU leather exterior with natural grain effect
- Incorporated TDS patent material absorbs 80% of the outside pressure and shock
- Adjustable heavy-duty nylon shoulder strap
- Cover flap with magnetic snap-button closure
- Microfiber cloth lining with unique embossed pattern
- Extra pocket for accessory storage
- Provides all-around scratch and shockproof protection
- Water-resistant materials
- Net weight: 375 g / 13 oz
The tablet sits snug and secure and would doubtlessly come out of a tumble off a bike in much better condition than you will. The magnetic clasps are not the strongest, but this if off-set by the snug hold of the main compartment. Would be perfect for want of just a couple more pockets.
The asymmetric strap is safe and stable. This is a great shoulder bag for protection, from common wear and tear to some of the most serious incidents.
Every strap, stitch and rivet looks like it's completely dependable and built to last.. The corners look like they could do with just a little more reinforcement, but the overall lifespan is still likely to comfortably exceed that of the device itself.
$65 is probably more than one would expect to pay for a shoulder bag. But that is a good price for this great design for protection and durable Wardmaster quality.
Possibly the last shoulder bag type accessory you will ever have to buy. Obviously, protection ends as soon as you take it out the bag, but you can use it in concert with a decent quality case, if you can find one slim enough to fit inside.