The folks at Cooper Cases are apparently quite proud of this tablet folio case: After all, it’s described as both “Infinite” and “Universal” in its lofty name. And in a few aspects, Cooper’s pride may be justified. Unfortunately, too many generic features (including the look) detract from the overall product.
Wardmaster X-Fit Apple iPad 2/3/4 Folio Case in Black
The Wardmaster X-Fit for iPad 2/New iPad is proving enormously popular due to its balance of being lightweight, highly armored, and rich in features. This folio case incorporates a special patented TDS processed fabric, microfiber cloth, high grade anti-wear velveteen lining, as well as internal storage and an excellent integrated stand feature.
- Slim/lightweight case provides impact resistance
- Simple, versatile media stand case function
- Full function/port access, including rear camera
- Leatherette cover likely to mark over time.
- Ports access loosely cut, tends to slip
- Internal frame is leather-effect, making it less snug
The Wardmaster X-Fit series are overall excellent iPad cases that stand out for their reliable mid-range protection and the media stand case function. The iPad 2 book case uses heavy Velcro fastenings both to keep the pad in place and to provide traction for the landscape media mode, which works well even on irregular surfaces.
Although likely prone to marking in the long run, thepolyurethane design feels good in the hand, making it a good choice for both extended eBook reading and media viewing. Whilst the tolerances around the ports can be a little loose, all the inputs and controls are available, notably including the rear camera.
- Works with the Apple iPad 2 or new iPad 3
- PU exterior with embossed Wardmaster logo pattern
- Incorporated TDS patent material absorbs 80% of the outside pressure and shock
- Elastic cover strap for secure closure
- Automatic sleep/wake function
- Soft micro-suede bezel frame with Velcro flap closure
- Cutouts for all buttons, input/output ports and rear-facing camera
- Microfiber cloth cover lining with unique embossed pattern
- Multiple viewing angles ranging from 45° to 90°
- Incorporated X Style wrist splint / hand-strap on inner cover for improved tablet grip
- Very nice soft, cushy exterior feel
- Provides all-around scratch and shockproof protection
- Water-resistant materials
- Net weight: 215 g / 7.6 oz
Understated on the outside, on the inside the case is packed with features and utilities that would be impressive on a case twice its size. When closed it does a good impression of an expensive diary, and when open the media works well on all surfaces, although is not suitable for typing.
The ever-so-slightly loose tolerances might have an effect on extremely heavy impacts, but as with most of the Wardmaster range the essential standard of protection is solid.
The stitching and seals over the leather effect cover and memory-foam impact absorbing inserts both look and feel excellently put together. Although not compromising the armor rating, the slightly loose internal jacketing lets down the otherwise flawless fit.
Other iPad 2 cases might provide a slightly snugger fit or more fearsome armor, but very few have this many features or look as good proving them. Although possibly prone to marking, the case will have a long working lifespan and is decent value at twice the price.
When you're ready to take your iPad out of the Pokémon or Angry Birds sleeve and move up to something with some serious executive clout, this is where you need to come. Excellent functionality, solid armor, and enough panache to rule the boardroom.