Add customer reviews and testimonials to showcase your store’s happy customers.
0 comments / Posted on by thomas
The folks over at Netbooklive have put out a very useful article talking up the differences between ultrabooks (very slim & lightweight laptops, SSD inside) and tablets. Here’s a summary of how the two compare:
- use Intel’s second generation Sandy Bridge processors
- mainly run on Windows 7
- typically maximum of 0.8 inches, but with 13.3 inch screen and a full size keyboard
- no touch screen
- run mostly on ARM-based chips
- typically run versatile Android
- usually very slim, eg, Apple iPad 2 is around 0.3 inches thick
- touch screen friendly
The final comparison base is price, with tablets costing about as much as the ultrabooks. Still, ultrabooks may be a new competitor within the growing post-PC industry of cheap, useable and portable technology.