The Pure Sense Buddy Wins PTPA Seal of Approval February 18, 2019
Key Advantages of Using iPad in Your Business February 14, 2019
Ride the Wave of New iPad Pro Cases and Accessories February 07, 2019
Add customer reviews and testimonials to showcase your store’s happy customers.
0 comments / Posted on by thomas
The folks over at Netbooklive have put out a very useful article talking up the differences between ultrabooks (very slim & lightweight laptops, SSD inside) and tablets. Here’s a summary of how the two compare:
- use Intel’s second generation Sandy Bridge processors
- mainly run on Windows 7
- typically maximum of 0.8 inches, but with 13.3 inch screen and a full size keyboard
- no touch screen
- run mostly on ARM-based chips
- typically run versatile Android
- usually very slim, eg, Apple iPad 2 is around 0.3 inches thick
- touch screen friendly
The final comparison base is price, with tablets costing about as much as the ultrabooks. Still, ultrabooks may be a new competitor within the growing post-PC industry of cheap, useable and portable technology.