Pad & Quill Aria Apple iPad Mini 1/2/3 Book Case review
Do you wish that you could take your favorite hiking boots and toughest cutting board and turn them into an Apple iPad Mini tablet cover? Sounds a bit odd, but case maker Pad & Quill has successfully done something along these lines. The Aria for iPad Mini (Also made for iPad 2/3/4) represents a down to earth book-style case design with rock solid construction and the most basic useful features all done right.
We do not often come across a case that suggests it is ‘one for the ages’. No, the Aria has no true historical significance, but rather simply stated this case should last a really long time. The Aria book case features a robust, heavy duty, full-grain boot leather exterior with solid stitching. On the inside is a more traditional book case-style frame made of hand-sanded Baltic Birch plywood. It is the perfect material for this type of application, as it will not crack, deform or break.
The frame is precisely cut to keep the iPad Mini fully functional while encased. A leather lip (attached to the back with strong rivets) holds the front cover in place for stand modes. Though just a single angle can be achieved, the Aria provides a comfortable support for viewing and typing purposes.
Everything about the Aria suggests guaranteed longevity, making it a good investment into the future even at its moderately high price.
- 2013 Golden Case Awards nominee for Best Book Case
- Extremely reliable construction
- Beautiful, refined look
- Top quality natural materials
If you like the raw look and feel of natural materials and want a practically indestructible companion for your Apple iPad Mini, then perhaps look no further than the Aria case. This one can certainly compete with some of the very best book cases on the market, and should be considered a best case scenario for nearly any iPad Mini owner wanting to bring some vintage style to their tablet.
- Exclusively designed for the Apple iPad Mini
- Full grain American leather cover/li>
- Handmade with robust stitching
- Hand sanded Baltic Birch plywood frame w/ satin finish
- Automatic sleep/wake function
- Cutouts for all iPad Mini buttons, ports, speakers and rear-camera
- Built-in tablet stand for typing and viewing modes
- Elastic strap for secure cover closure
- Classic PQ bookmark for easy device removal
- Net weight: 250g / 8.8 oz
|Tablet||Apple iPad Mini, Apple iPad Mini 2, Apple iPad Mini 3|
|Brand||Pad & Quill|
|Price||High End $80 - $149|
|Dimensions||6.25 X .7 X 8.75 in (WDH)|
|Features||Sleep/Wake Cover, Stand Feature|