Perhaps this is what all tablets will want to wear to a Gilded Age themed costume party. However, the limited edition Nspire case is for iPad Minis only. It’s easy to fall in love with the pretty flowers on the cover, though be prepared to pay a reasonable premium for this high-quality leather design. Too ornamental for your taste? Piel Frama does offer the folio case in simpler, more contemporary exterior grains and colors.
As soon as you open the elegant Piel Frama packaging befitting of fine Belgian handmade chocolate, you will fall in love at first sight with the Nspire case. Or you won’t. This luxury tablet case has such a unique appearance that it definitely won’t leave you undecided for too long. In fact, its look is perhaps the most remarkable feature. If you are attracted to Versace – or country style home decor, for that matter – you will likely adore it. If not, then you’ll probably go for something else. No wonder: this is a limited edition design.
Though the unique design may limit the Nspire’s overall appeal, it is unlikely that someone else will have the same at any meeting you attend. This leather case has a sumptuous look and feel thanks to the embossed ornamental flower pattern adorning the exterior cover. And the bronze-colored contour highlights help give the Nspire a wonderful naturally-aged look akin to medieval manuscript covers.
Even if a long period of use would cause the highlights to suffer a bit of scratching, the organic nature of the surface would hide these well and just add more natural aged feeling already present in the design. Pleasingly soft to the touch, the 3D surface provides the added benefit of offering a firm grip. But should the dreaded drop happen, the strong leather bezel and reinforced corners will provide adequate protection.
Like all Piel Frama cases, the fine craftsmanship and attention detail here is clearly evident. Functionality does not lag behind the aesthetics either. The inside features a Velcro-locking bezel frame that holds the iPad Mini secure while maintaining full-use of all controls and functions. Furthermore, the bezel can be folded out onto the cover for tablet viewing modes. Though quite typical of many iPad Mini folios, the stand is a sturdy and brilliant design nonetheless. Alas, the inner cover features a pocket slot for storing a few papers, business cards, cash notes and/or the included leather chamois cleaning cloth.
- 2013 Golden Case Awards winner for Best Leather Case
- Interior pocket slot for case notes and cards
- Magnets for sleep/wake and secure closure
- Reinforced corners for drop protection
- Impeccable craftsmanship
The Nspire folio is a top quality and reliable protective solution giving solid basic functionality and no hassle, but not much more. If floral design and antiques are your thing, then this extravagant design could be your best case scenario.
- Designed exclusively for all generations of Apple iPad Mini tablets
- Handmade from premium genuine calfskin leather
- Limited edition embossed pattern print
- Magnetic cover lock
- Automatic sleep/wake function
- Interior leather bezel frame holds the tablet secure
- Cutouts for all iPad Mini buttons, ports, speakers and rear-camera
- Cinema-style model with fold-out stand feature for viewing
- Supports multiple angles ranging from 45° to 80° in landscape format
- Inner cover document fold
- Included leather chamois
- Smooth leather interior with engraved brand logo
- Padded cover for comfortable grip and extra protection
- Net weight: 202g / 7.1 oz
|Tablet||Apple iPad Mini, Apple iPad Mini 3|
|Price||High End $80 - $149|
|Dimensions||5.6 x .78 x 8.0 in (WDH)|
|Features||Button Cutouts ,Port Cutouts ,Speaker Grill ,Extra Features,Pockets,Sleep/Wake Cover ,Stand Feature|