From start to finish, the Solar KudoCase for iPad 2 and iPad 3 is one for the environment-conscious. Constructed of biodegradable material where possible (even the solar panels are formed from organic photovoltaic ink) or recycled/repurposed matter, KudoCase justifiably advances its solar powered tablet case as a green best case scenario.
To some, giving any product the “green” label implies shoddy construction with weak goods. Happily, that’s not at all the story of the solar-powered KudoCase whose tough biodegradable-grain polymer could pass for high-grade carbonite. The solar panel is protectively coated to resist scratches and smudges to this most important feature and the strong magnets snap the KudoCase together with a satisfying thump.
Beyond this, there are ports for HDMI, USB to charge other electronics, kickstand with double viewing angle and even a whistle locator (!), should you misplace the iPad.
Center of attention in the KudoCase, however, is the solar-power functionality. The KudoCase is capable of running the iPad 2 and New iPad 3 without a recharge for 10 days. The iPad may be powered up by the included accessory for charger, standard electric light, or the good ol’ sun. Should the KudoCase exceed the maximum charge, an embedded backup battery stores the extra – talk about your serious efficiency. Then there’s the price. We’ll give it to you straight - suggested retail price on the Solar KudoCase is about $200. But wait! The truth is the KudoCase is one of those rare tablet accessories – and even rarer tablet cases – that actually increases in value through its lifetime. Having to charge the iPad up to five times less frequently reduces electricity use immediately, not to mention fantastic reduction of wear and tear on the iPad battery. Factor in the top-notch protection this bad boy delivers, and the long-term thinkers among tablet owners will consider the KudoCase a bargain.
- All environment-friendly material
- Serious protection for the tablet
- Strong fastening magnets
Is this reviewer impressed with the KudoCase Solar-Powered Case for iPad 2 and the New iPad? You bet. With its alternative-energy sensibility, this is the kind of tablet case that gives non-users a reason to finally take the plunge on an iPad - a truly green best case scenario. Everyone should have one in the 21st century.
- Designed to fit the Apple iPad 2 or New iPad 3 & 4
- New solar ink technology, works with outdoor & indoor light.
- Avg.10 days of power w/ 2 hrs iPad use per day in average light.
- HDMI port built in - watch your iPad on the big screen.
- Auto sleep/wake function
- USB Power Out: Charge your phone, bluetooth, camera... directly off the solar case.
- High capacity 10A battery built into the case to store excess energy created by the light.
- Built-in kickstand for hands-free display
- Only 7/8" total thickness.
- Whistle Locator - Cant find the iPad?
- Eco-friendly design
- Solar Ink: ~0.5W | 40-110mAh | 4.7V
- Battery: 10A | Transfer Rate 93%
- Docking 30Pin
- Output to iPad: 5V at 2.1A
- USB Output charge: 2.1A
- Included USB charging cable for wall adapter (adapter not included)
|Tablet||Apple iPad 2, Apple iPad 3, Apple iPad 4|
|Function||Mens, Outdoor, Womens|
|Dimensions||7.8 x .8 x 10.7 (WDH)|
|Features||Button Cutouts ,Port Cutouts ,Speaker Grill,Sleep/Wake Cover ,Solar Powered ,Stand Feature.|