Apple iPad 2/3/4 SmartCover review
Apple's own SmartCover is basically a necessity for iPad users these days, and first-time iPad owners can quickly discover why. The case features good strong magnets that clip the tri-fold cover to the iPad 2 or New iPad 3/4, as well as provide auto sleep/wake function.
Thanks to its production by Apple , the original SmartCover looks, acts and feels as though it's a natural extension of the iPad itself. Tablet2Cases figures that this is the accessory nearly every iPad owner buys for the brand new device, and why not? The SmartCover could be considered the ultimate first tablet accessory.
By now the design of the SmartCover is nearly as familiar as the iPad itself. The tri-fold polyurethane cover (available in innumerable color schemes) rests atop the screen, while a magnetic clip holds the SmartCover onto one side of iPad. The embedded magnets also work the iPad's on/off button efficiently and effectively. In fact, the auto function performs notably better than many of the imitators out there.
The polyurethane material making up the bulk of the SmartCover keeps the iPad lightweight enough. Though this isn't necessary the easiest material to clean. The protection offered by an iPad SmartCover is limited to defending the screen itself. Another carrier or SmartCover-compatible tablet case will probably be needed by most iPad users.
- Seamless integration with the iPadLightweight, slim and trimWide variety of colors available
But does a rating really matter? As an iPad owner, the truth is you either have a SmartCover or you don't. It's an easy best case scenario for owners of Apple tablets – but perhaps only the first step.
- Exclusively designed for use with the Apple iPad 2 or New iPad 3/4
- Aluminum hinge magnetically aligns the cover for a perfect fit
- Polyurethane exterior with scratch- and water-resistant surface
- Soft microfiber lining keeps the screen display clean
- Maintains clear access to all iPad features and functions
- Folding cover easily transforms into a stand for typing, watching videos and FaceTime
- Supports the tablet at 10° and 80° angles in landscape format
- Net weight: 135g / 4.7 oz
|Tablet||Apple iPad 2, Apple iPad 3, Apple iPad 4|
|Price||Budget $1 - $39|
|Dimensions||7.3 X .04 X 9.5 (WDH)|
|Features||Sleep/Wake Cover ,Stand Feature|