The Cygnett Armour is a smart-looking case with a nice sturdy synthetic material construction. This folio tablet case is an otherwise simple and efficient solution for carrying and displaying the Apple iPad Mini , while providing basic everyday protection.
How popular did those in the know expect the Apple iPad Mini to be upon its release? Popular enough to induce certain manufacturers to have tablet cases ready on the day of rollout. The forward-thinking folks at Cygnett were among them and the sharp-looking Armour folio case is its entry into this bit of the market.
Those great looks are of course the first thing one notices about the Cygnett Armour folio. If first impressions are as significant as they say, many will be swayed upon seeing this one in either black or purple (black will be made available at a later date). And the synthetic material resembles a genuine soft leather feel quite well.
Of course, with a name like “Armour,” the iPad Mini owner will definitely be checking on this feature of the folio. The Armour is nice and thick at its still-low weight to prevent damage from shocks, drops and the like. This folio should also hold up longer than most in its class. When in use or in carrying, the clamps solidly lock in the Mini securely.
Added functionality is a bit minimal here. Though, there is a swivel stand that provides one 60° viewing angle in landscape mode. This feature is easy to assemble and disassemble, thus keeping with the general simple design of the Cygnett Armour.
Also a negative is the lack of magnet for the iPad Mini’s sleep/week feature. This issue goes back to the Cygnett designers readying this folio for the Apple product’s release, but is expected to be resolved in future editions of the Armour.
- Solid lightweight protection
- Nice-looking exterior
- Stable tablet stand support
The Armour represents another solid, if a bit basic, tablet case from the folks at Cygnett. Now that they’re actually working with on-the-market iPad tablets, this product in particular may be one to watch for in future releases.
- Precise form-fitting design for the iPad Mini
- PU leather exterior with natural grain effect
- Padded microfiber interior with soft felt-like touch
- Clip-on cover for secure case closure
- Cutouts for all tablet buttons, input/output ports and rear-facing camera
- Flexi-view stand feature provides one 60° viewing angle in landscape format
- Scratch/water-resistant and shock-absorbing material design
- Branded metal plaque on front cover corner
- Doesn’t add much bulk or weight
- Net weight: 166 g / 5.8 oz
|Tablet||Apple iPad Mini, Apple iPad Mini 3|
|Price||Great Value $40-$79|
|Dimensions||5.5 x 0.6 x 7.9 in (WDH)|
|Features||Button Cutouts ,Port Cutouts ,Speaker Grill,Stand Feature|