Flying Mind PadPouch iPad Plush Kids Play Bag Case review
Gift idea for the kiddies, anyone? Flying Mind Design Lab appeals to the youngest tablet users with the friendly and useful PadPouch Pillow case. Beyond being merely cuddly, this kids' tablet case also shows nice functionality with an expansive pocket for storing accessories (or, knowing kids, nearly any imaginable small-sized item), and a shoulder strap which doubles as a tablet mount for attaching the PadPouch to virtually any car seat headrest for backseat display.
- 2013 Golden Case Awards nominee for Best Case for Kids, Best Tablet Mount, and Best Play Case
- Big storage space
- Doubles as a car mount
- Sweet designs
Let’s face it, once the young ones discover the power and fun of a tablet, a friendly happy design easily entices the kids to enthuse about tablet cases and accessories. The Flying Mind Design Lab PadPouch pillow case begins successfully here, with two designs guaranteed to charm - a pink puppy dog and a baby-blue kitty cat.
Right, so with goal #1 achieved, how safe can parents feel with the valuable device encased? Well, this parent is pleased to say quite well. My in-house product-testers (Suzie and Sylvia, 8 and 6 ½ years old, respectively) helped put this one through the paces. Even when falling on the touchscreen side, the iPad survived.
A particular bonus as far as Suzie, a.k.a. The Mad Collector, was concerned is the massive pocket taking up the interior of the pillow case. She managed to stuff seemingly hundreds of small plastic animal figurines without discernible trace to the happy face on the front.
Even better (or worse, depending on how "habit-forming" the iPad has become in your household), the PadPouch can be turned into a tablet car mount in a snap by way of the shoulder strap. By looping this into the back of the case, the PadPouch may be affixed to a car headrest easily. Some manipulation may be required to get a tight fit, but this is easily done.
After our testing, this reviewer can certainly recommend the Flying Mind PadPouch – but not this particular sample; that'll be in the girls' hands for some time.
- Made to exclusively fit the Apple iPad 2/3/4 & iPad Air
- Ultra-plush, child-friendly design
- PU leather bezel securely holds the iPad
- Large zipper pocket for storage of cables & accessories
- Clear access to all buttons and ports
- Built-in reflective sound magnifier
- Adjustable, detachable shoulder-strap
- Protects the iPad from simple accidents
- Internal counterweight stands the case upright on any flat surface
- Rests comfortably on the user’s lap, in bed or on the sofa
- Attaches to a car-seat headrest via the shoulder-strap
- Perfect travel accessory for iPad-toting kids
- Available in two designs for appeal to boys and girls
|Tablet||Apple iPad 2/3/4, iPad Air|
|Style||Bag, Car Mount, Pillow, Play|
|Price||Budget $1 - $39|
|Dimensions||12 x 4.3 x 12 in (WDH)|
|Features||Button cutouts, Port cutouts, Speaker grill, Pockets, Shoulder strap, Integrated stand|