What if we told you, you could essentially transform your iPad into a bona fide Macbook Pro? Well, the Clamshell will do just that, it's about as close as you can get to upgrading your iPad to a laptop these days. With a built-in battery pack it gives you an extra 50% of juice that connects via USB. Seamless typing is ensured by regular resistance keys and a handful of shortcuts conspire to make your life easier. You'll love how much faster you can get things done on the iPad now that you've found its significant other.
DOWNLOAD COOPER KAI SKEL IPAD 4 3 2 CLAMSHELL KEYBOARD USER MANUAL
- Dedicated case for iPads 2, 3 and 4
- Hard plastic shell makes it a sturdy case to store and transport the iPad when not in use
- Min 50% extra battery life courtesy of a 2800mAh power bank (charges itself through mini USB and your iPad through a regular USB ports)
- Sleep/Wake function puts your device to bed when you close the screen
- Clamshell design: looks like the MacBook’s little brother with up to 120 degree viewing angles
- Regular resistance keys for a familiar typing experience on an English QWERTY layout
- Helpful hotkeys allow you to switch between apps, perform tasks and change settings by barely lifting a finger.
- Macbook look-a-like design
- Auto sleep/wake function
- 13 shortcut keys
- Built-in powerbank for charging iPad
- Multiple display angles
Place iPad into the Clamshell cradle and snap in to secure. Turn on both the power and Bluetooth buttons, open the Bluetooth settings on the iPad and pair the devices, the blue light will stop blinking once the devices are connected. Don’t forget to look up the hotkeys to make yourself even more productive.
||Apple iPad 2, Apple iPad 3, Apple iPad 4
||Business, School, Travel
||Great Value $40-$79
||7.7 x 0.94 x 9.7 in (WDH)
||Button cutouts, Port cutouts, Speaker grill, Sleep/Wake cover, Stand feature, Power Bank, Bluetooth, Micro-USB cable included, QWERTY keyboard
How do I pair my iPad with the keyboard?
Start by fully charging your keyboard, then turn the keyboard ON.
1. Charge the Kai Skel for 6 hours.
2. Turn the Kai Skel on, then press ‘FN+C’ at the same time.
3. On your iPad go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth ON.
4. Search for available devices and choose ‘Bluetooth Keyboard’.
I cannot find the '@' sign?
The keyboard's language is in the US QWERTY by default. Please set US QWERTY layout under the input method language settings of your tablet:
Launch Settings > ‘Language & input’
1. Select ‘Select keyboard layout’.
2. Find your Bluetooth keyboard listed under ‘Physical keyboard’ and press on its name.
3. Select ‘Set up keyboard layouts’.
4. Find your desired language.
If multiple languages are enabled, you may press Ctrl + Space on your Bluetooth keyboard to switch between them.
Launch Settings from your Home screen.
1. Select 'General'.
2. Scroll down and select 'Keyboard'.
3. Tap 'Add New Keyboard'.
4. Scroll down and select 'United States'.
To return to another keyboard, simply tap and hold the globe key and make your selection again.
My keyboard stopped typing / some keys stopped working.
Most keyboard issues come from low battery. Charge your keyboard for around 6 hours. If the problem persists, please contact us for more assistance.
Where can I view the electronic manual of the keyboard?
The digital user manual of the keyboard is here.
Does the Kai Skel have a backlight feature?
No. This keyboard does not have a backlight feature.
What material are the keyboard keys?
The key buttons use the same plastic materials as standard laptop keyboards.
What is the keyboard layout of the cover?
The keyboard has US QWERTY layout.
Can I charge my iPad using the Kai Skel P1?
Yes. The Kai Skel P1 has a built-in power bank. Just plug a charger into the USB port of the case and you can charge any of your devices (including your iPad).
Does it come with the battery & charger?
The keyboard case comes with a built-in 2800 mAh rechargeable battery and charging cable only. No adapter included in the packaging.
Will this work on Android tablets?
No. The case is custom made for iPad 4, iPad 3 and iPad 2.
How long is the battery life?
The keyboard battery life is 60 hours.
Free Shipping for orders over $40 (except oversize)
- Air Mail from Hong Kong is $6.95 (7-14 business days)
- Standard shipping from local warehouse is $6.95 (2-7 days)
- Local shipping available in USA, Canada, Western Europe, Australia, Japan and UAE
- Oversize shipping from local warehouse is $18.95-$29.95 (2-7 days)
- Expedited shipping with DHL/UPS is $18.95 from Hong Kong
- Expedited shipping also available from local warehouses
Customer service shouldn't stop at checkout. When you order from Tablet2Cases you get the total package. That means from A to Z, start to finish, either you feel good or we failed. Shipping is no exception. If you have any questions about your package, just contact us any time day or night and we'll get the answers you need.
Orders process in less than 24 business hours. If you order $40 or more, it’s free. That's right, free shipping on all orders over $40! Orders over $40 automatically ship from the nearest warehouse to you.
Air Mail is the cheapest shipping method. In USA, Canada, Western Europe, Australia and UAE you get local shipping (ie USPS, Canada Post, etc). It's slightly more expensive than Air Mail, but faster because it's dispatched from a local warehouse. It's only available while stocks last. For super fast delivery, use shipping with DHL / UPS for guaranteed delivery within 1-3 days.
Our Peace of Mind Promise
Our #1 priority is your peace of mind. We stand by products we sell. No matter what the product warranty says, we'll cover it and everything else.
No holds barred, no ifs, no ands, no buts. If you have a problem, we will solve it. Whatever it takes.
We're here for you. Peace of mind. Promised.