A nice useful accessory for the younger iPad users, the AddyCase play tablet case is well constructed with tough, long-lasting silicon material to weather drops, scratches and liquid spills. And the handle feature makes carrying the iPad a breeze – hmmm, maybe it’s too simple. After all, if the wee ones can tote it around this freely, some parents might never see their iPads again.
The oddest thing about the AddyCase would have to be the included instructions. Here’s how to “install” an iPad into the case: “Insert the bottom of your iPad 2 or New iPad 3/4 into the AddyCase while gently pulling the AddyCase sides out to surround your device. Then, pull on top corner of the Addy Case,” et cetera. The truth is, insertion/removal of an iPad into this play case isn’t easy, but it’s not at all complex.
And once the iPad has been fitted? Wow. The AddyCase/iPad feels and acts as one piece. And the tablet is securely defended against drops and like children’s incidents. The non-toxic silicon material takes a punishment and is noted for its resistance to oil, chemicals, germs and staining.
Meanwhile, this kids' tablet case features a nice big handle at top to make the encased iPad easy as pie for little ones to carry around. Full iPad functionality is promised to the youngsters as well, with all appropriate cutouts for ports, buttons and the like – well, sort of.
Parents *must* take note of the “Easy Press” version of the AddyCase, which includes a cutout for the home button. The company touts this non-feature in the standard design as having been intentionally covered so as to avoid frequent navigation away from desired pages and apps. Unless you have an iPad specifically designated for the kids, it’s just far too inconvenient to remove the iPad from the AddyCase for this to be considered an advantage.
- 2013 Golden Case Awards nominee for Best Case for Kids
- Good protection against drops
- Skin-tight fit on the iPad
- Non-toxic, resistant material
Though perhaps lacking a bit in the personality that can be found in other play cases, the AddyCase will prove a no-nonsense best case scenario for many parents of young iPad enthusiasts. Simple can sometimes be better, and this quality play case proves it.
- Designed exclusively for use with the Apple iPad 2 or new iPad 3/4
- Home button intentionally covered to avoid frequent navigation away from desired pages and apps
- Contains no small or removable pieces that could impose as a choking hazard
- Made of non-slip silicon material
- Non-toxic design is lead, latex, Phthalate and PVC-free
- Resistant to oil, chemicals, stains, mold and germs
- Built-in handle feature
- Access to tablet switches, ports, speaker and rear-camera
- Easy-to-clean design
- Net weight: 400g / 14 oz
|Tablet||Apple iPad 2, Apple iPad 3, Apple iPad 4|
|Price||Great Value $40-$79|
|Dimensions||7.3 X 1.1 X 12.2 in (WDH)|
|Features||Button Cutouts,Port Cutouts ,Speaker Grill, Handles|