The folks at Cooper Cases are apparently quite proud of this tablet folio case: After all, it’s described as both “Infinite” and “Universal” in its lofty name. And in a few aspects, Cooper’s pride may be justified. Unfortunately, too many generic features (including the look) detract from the overall product.
HOCO Ultra-Trim Apple iPad 2 Leather Folio Case in Black
The HOCO “Exclusively Touching” collection of leather cases
are noteworthy for carrying substance and elegance. A fine example in the series is the Ultra Trim folio case for Apple iPad 2. And its made even more appealing by a price that won't necessarily touch an exclusive amount of the user's hard-earned money.
- Access to all ports and rear-facing camera
- Very slim/lightweight with firm grip-ability
- Fine quality leather & inner velvet
- No magnet to keep the cover closed
- Loose fitting causes unstable media stand
- Not resistant to heavy impacts
HOCO has proven they are capable of delivering some worthy options to the tablet case market and the Ultra Trim case is one of them. While it does not offer much protection, it primarily serves to wrap your iPad 2 in elegant style. The case is made of genuine leather and has interior velvet lining that makes users constantly want to touch it.
The classic folding tablet case design allows access to all ports and rear-facing camera. A media tablet stand that adjusts to support both typing and viewing positions comes as a welcome feature.
- Specially designed for the Apple iPad 2
- Vintage full-grain imported Italian leather design
- 100% handmade quality
- Velvety-soft microfiber interior with HOCO brand engraved print and pattern
- Wire-reinforced microfiber bezel frame keeps the tablet securely fitted
- Precise cutouts for all buttons, input/output ports, speakers and rear-camera
- Folding cover supports 25° and 60° angles for typing/viewing in landscape format
- Ultra-trim, lightweight design adds hardly anything extra to the iPad 2 form
- Net weight: 185g / 6.5 oz
- Case can be used as a stand alone documents pouch
All cutouts are in place and precise to keep the iPad 2 fully functional while encased. The cover does have the tendency to easily lose connection with the tab insert when in typing position. Otherwise, the stand provides a generally stable base for viewing on level surfaces.
The Ultra-Trim is a reliable protector against bumps, dings and scratches, and nothing more.
Though not much of a distraction, the front cover is cut slightly smaller than the backside. The rich genuine leather and velvety smooth microfiber interior feel as good as they look. The Ultra-Trim should see the iPad 2 all the way through until the end (if not well beyond after that).
Sure, the Ultra-Trim case is an average performer in the function and protection categories. But above-average quality for a less-than-average price makes it a worthy choice for meeting the most common standard demands. This one should be rivaling Lioncase folios for the iPad 2 users' attention.
The Ultra-Trim has proven to be our favorite selection from the HOCO "Exclusively Touching" collection. This is a best case scenario for the financially-strapped iPad 2 user who seeks a quality leather folio case with a bit of substance behind it.