iBackFlip Somersault Slim Apple iPad 1/2/3/4 Tablet Bag review
Though tablet bags can assure safe device travel, the problem lies in having to sacrifice the ability to engage with your gadget while on the move. As a solution, the folks at iBackFlip have developed the Somersault Slim to give iPad owners the best of both worlds. This easy-to-wear, easy-to-use accessory is specially designed to keep the fitted tablet completely functional without the need to remove it from the compartment, or for the user to dismount the bag off his/her shoulder. All this is provided in a tough, weather-proof package that is akin to other quality outdoor sports gear.
Let’s assume you are meandering from booth to booth in a large convention hall, taking notes, capturing QR codes with the rear camera, and checking the floor-plan online to find your way through the complex floor plan. This is the kind of scenario that iBackFlip must have envisioned when designing the Somersault Slim.
The key to this unrivaled tablet bag design is its multi-functional sling-style Shoulder strap, which allows the wearer to slide the bag from back to front and access their device without ever having to dismount the case. Once the Somersault is positioned in front and resting on the user’s belly, its main compartment is opened by way of two heavy-duty zippers, allowing two interior support straps to stretch open and hang the iPad horizontally for easy view and use.
While this display position is not the most convenient for typing, the adjustable straps allow continuous variation of the screen angle. If the quick release straps are disengaged, the Somersault wearer can then turn the iPad display so that someone standing in front of him/her can have view of and access to the tablet. The Somersault also outperforms the average design in providing auto sleep/wake function and use of the iPad's rear-camera through the front pocket flap.
The Somersault Slim is a trimmed down version of the original model, yet still has enough capacity to stow away important essentials and peripherals needed for an active day. Features such as utility hooks, stylus/pen holders, and accessory pockets are incorporated to expand the overall functionality of an already very useful solution.
- 2013 Golden Case Awards nominee for Best Tablet Bag
- Hands-free support body-mount platform
- Sling design works without dismounting
- Heavy-duty, weather-proof materials
- Extra pockets, hooks, and holders
- Outstanding protection
- Fits any generation Apple iPad
- Weatherproof and water-resistant Nylon exterior
- TSA compliant
- Two medium-sized front pockets with zipper lock
- Main compartment with dual zipper lock
- Automatic sleep/wake function
- Inner PU leather bezel holds the tablet secure
- Clear access to all iPad buttons and input/output ports
- Rear-camera access flap
- Two built-in elastic stylus holders
- Adjustable shoulder strap with quick disconnection
- Shoulder strap features a small zipper pocket and 3 elastic utility bands
- Two built-in utility hooks
- Flip from back to front swiftly without removing the shoulder bag
- Unique reversible design for easy deployment
- Flips inside out 180°
- Built-in handle
- Net weight: 740g / 26 oz
|Tablet||Apple iPad 1, Apple iPad 2, Apple iPad 3, Apple iPad 4|
|Function||Business, Mens, Travel|
|Price||Great Value $40-$79|
|Dimensions||14.0 X 1.5 X 10.0 in (WDH)|
|Features||Button Cutouts ,Port Cutouts ,Speaker Grill, Handles .Pockets .Shoulder Strap .Sleep/Wake Cover .Stylus Holder|