In the Incline for Apple iPad 2 or iPad 3/4, M-Edge brings the characteristics of two popular case styles together: folio and tablet stand . Even if a bit tricky to assemble/disassemble, the excellent uView Mounting System is the foremost notable highlight of this particular solution.
A nice blend of tablet case styles and functions come together in the M-Edge Incline folio. From the outside, the Incline appears to be a basic folding folio case. But its material makeup is immediately noteworthy. The exterior is constructed of heavy-duty microfiber leather that does very well to shield the iPad against standard wear and tear. And the interior is lined with softer velvet-like microfiber that protects the screen while carrying.
In addition to this model with black carbon fiber pattern, The Incline cover is available in seven different solid colors. Of particular special note is that only four choice models (including this one) have an incorporated magnet for automatic sleep/wake function. The plastic frame holds the Apple iPad 2 or new iPad 3/4 secure inside. The corner clips are a tad thin, which seems to indicate that they may not withstand too many tablet insertions/removals. Naturally all cutouts are in place, with the exception of a rear-camera hole. Instead, the frame slides up to expose this feature for use.
The Incline gets high marks for its versatile and sturdy tablet stand. M-Edge has incorporated their patent-pending “uView Mounting System”. This design allows the frame to snap in/out of the plastic clip for transferring the tablet display between landscape and portrait formats. It should be noted that this is hardly the easiest of actions and will take some getting used to.
Other than that, the Incline tablet stand works great. It provides multiple angles ranging from 30&; to 65°. All supports are ideal for typing and viewing, and stand very sturdy. And the right section of the cover doubles as a wrist support for an extra bit of comfort when typing.
- Nice, sturdy build
- Very stable stand design
- Multiple display angles in both formats
- Works with the Apple iPad 2 or new iPad 3/4
- Soft microfiber leather exterior available in variety of colors
- Micro suction tab keeps cover closed
- Automatic sleep/wake function available on some models
- Interior snap-in plastic frame gives tablet a good secure fit
- Provides clear access to all buttons and input/output ports
- Frame slides up for rear-camera use
- Foldable design and uView Mounting System combine for versatile tablet stand function
- Supports 30°, 50° and 65° angles in landscape format
- Supports 30° and 50° angles in portrait format
- Provides good all-around protection against basic wear and tear
- Net weight: 325 g / 11.5 oz
|Tablet||Apple iPad 2, Apple iPad 3, Apple iPad 4|
|Price||Great Value $40-$79|
|Dimensions||7.7 X .79 X 9.8 in (WDH)|
|Features||Button Cutouts ,Port Cutouts ,Speaker Grill,Screen Pivot ,Sleep/Wake Cover ,Stand Feature.|