iLoveHandles wishes their newest design, the FACET, to be "a sexy object on your desk when it’s not being used." And in our opinion, this tablet stand is the perfect blend of form and function (no wonder it was designed by architects). Like the best tablet accessories, the FACET is the execution of a simple idea: Namely, an easy-to-use add-on for iPad display.
Praise the glories of entrepreneurship and crowd-sourcing! The FACET is another Kickstarter campaign success story, and Tablet2Cases is proud to have been one of the 147 backers that lend support to iLoveHandles. This particular reviewer loves the minimalistic art look of the thing. In basic black, this pyramid-like design would surely make a nice conversation piece.
Well, the FACET is technically not quite a pyramid, as each of the three sides is sloped at a different angle. Functionally speaking, the provided 35°, 55° and 75° angles are the standard in tablet case stands. Original iPad 1 users beware that the magnets in play here will only work with the Apple iPad 2 and up, or the iPad Mini.
As advertised, the FACET “completely disappears” behind the tablet when in use. And the seriously strong base is properly weighted and well balanced, which allows the user to fearlessly rotate the stand for viewing display adjustment.
With few similar tablet accessories, it’s tough to comment on the suggested retail price of about $40 for the FACET Pyramid stand. When seeking gifts for those iPad fans in your life, we would have no qualms about recommending this item as a best case scenario.
- 2013 Golden Case Awards winner for Best Tablet Stand
- Firm solid base
- “Invisible” stealthy design
- Strong magnets to hold any iPad
Could this be the sturdiest tablet-stand accessory product out there? The overall quality of the FACET stand makes this one handy add-on and proves that sometimes the best case scenario is the simplest.
- Specially made for use with the Apple iPad 2, New iPad 3 & 4 or iPad Mini
- Each side supports the tablet in a different viewing angle
- Provides 35°, 55° and 75° angles in landscape format only
- Strong, sturdy base works well on most any surface
- Properly weighted design allow for easy display rotation with just one finger
- Embedded magnets allow the FACET to virtually disappear behind the iPad
- Net weight: 121 g / 4.3 oz
|Tablet||Apple iPad Mini, Apple iPad 2, Apple iPad 3, Apple iPad 4, ,|
|Price||Budget $1 - $39|
|Dimensions||6.0 x 2.2 x 6.0 in (WDH)|