The Burberry Portfolio Case for Apple iPad 1 is an unfortunate example of the problems with designer tablet cases. With all the emphasis on high-quality materials, extremely little functionality provided – and here, even the basics normally expected in a portfolio case are missing. This Burberry brand item offers some generous protection for the original iPad, but at the suggested retail price (though marked down) cannot be highly recommended by Tablet2Cases.
At first glance, the Burberry Apple iPad 1 portfolio case with Haymarket check pattern is a fetching item. The trim on the exterior is comprised of a water- and scratch-resistant wax-coated canvas material, and black leather trim. On the inside is a nice silk lining with stitched brand logo. The zipper closure running along three sides is secure and seems long-lasting enough. All well and good, but a closer look shows that the beauty of the Burberry portfolio case only runs skin deep. Put plainly, the utter lack of even basic functionality in the Burberry portfolio is stunning. Utility is limited to a document fold on the interior cover – no extra pockets, card slots or stand of any sort. The iPad 1 feels as though it’s held in place barely by the leather bezel frame. But with no securing mechanism, security is pretty low despite the extra padding for decent overall protection against drops. Buyers beware that this case must *only be used with the iPad 1*. For any other iPad models, the cutouts will not align properly. In addition, that lack of securing method guarantees that any iPad 2, 3 or 4 will slide about like a hyperactive snake when carried.
- Great leather, silk, canvas materials
- Sturdy all-around zipper enclosure
- Decent protection against drops
Protection against minor drops aside, the Burberry portfolio case emphasizes style over function. Sure, the materials make this a prestige item but every iPad 1 owner will ultimately have to ask him/herself that classic question, “Is it worth it?” Tablet2Cases suggests that it probably isn’t.
- Exclusively designed for use with the Apple iPad 1
- Haymarket check-coated canvas exterior with leather trim
- Lightly padded for protection
- Three-sided zip around closure
- Leather pull tab for easy opening and closing
- Interior genuine leather bezel frame
- Access to all tablet buttons, ports and speaker
- Silk lining with stitched Burberry logo
- Document fold feature on the inner cover
- Net weight: 390g / 13.7 oz
|Tablet||Apple iPad 1|
|Function||Business, Designer, Womens|
|Dimensions||8.3 X .90 X 10.6 in (WDH)|